The outdoor program of the Anthony Wayne Area Council is designed to make year round quality camping experiences available to units. One of the methods used to achieve the aims of Scouting is the outdoor program.
- Foster an appreciation for, and conservation of, our natural resources.
- Assist leaders of Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, Varsity teams,Venturing crews and Sea Scout ships by making quality outdoor programs available.
- Provide resources (i.e. facilities and staff) essential to support successful unit outdoor programs on council properties.
- Provide and implement plans for adequate outdoor program promotion including: Boy Scout Summer Camp, Cub Scouts Day Camp, Cub Scout/Webelos Resident Camp and Order of the Arrow events.
- Provide appropriate recognition for those individuals and/or Scouting units who actively participate in outdoor and camping programs. This may include Journey to Excellence Award, National Camping Award and National Summertime Pack Award.
- Ensure that adequate quality outdoor program is available to serve all registered youth, including those with disabilities.
- Continue to strive to meet the national average of Boy Scouts in a long-term summer camp.
Council or district activities will be designed so as not to interfere with or replace unit program.