Anthony Wayne Reservation – Year Round Adventure Center
“When do we go camping?” “When do I go outdoors?”
The number one concerns of the new and experienced camper, and an important consideration when planning your program year. Look inside for an overview of the camping and outdoor programs offered at the Anthony Wayne Reservation.
Anthony Wayne Reservation, Pleasant Lake, IN
Host to Camp Chief Little Turtle and Camp Foellinger , the Anthony Wayne Reservation and its 1200 acres of unspoiled woodland is the ultimate laboratory for the experience of Scout summer camping. A fully trained and prepared staff is on hand in of the camps to deliver a wide variety of programs in Aquatics, Turtle Quest (first year campers), Ecology Conservation, Field Sports, Handicraft, Scoutcraft and Top Scout (high adventure). Challenging merit badges and high adventure activities for the older Scouts are supported through multiple program areas throughout the reservation.
If you are looking for a dining hall to support your summer experience, Camp Chief Little Turtle is your destination. A 290 seat air conditioned dining hall serving family style meals takes care of all your culinary needs. Scouts serve as table waiters but all the cooking and cleaning is taken care of by our staff.
- Camp Chief Little Turtle – A full service resident Boy Scout camp with 15 campsites, dining hall, medical support, shower house.
- Camp Foellinger – a Cub Scout western theme camp, with covered wagons, tee pees and rustic fort.
- Means Canoe Base – Your gateway to the Pigeon River.
- 1200 acres of rolling hills and native woods
- Crystal clear, sandy bottom, lake swimming and water front on Pit Lake with 3 additional lakes and access to Pigeon River on the reservation.
- Air Conditioned dining hall.
- Conveniently located just minutes south of the intersections of I-69 and I-80.
- Short 2 hour drive from major metro areas of Chicago, Indianapolis, and Detroit.
- Family Cabin rentals (fully furnished) are available year round.
- Woodland Chapel overlooking Pit Lake
- Program Theater and campfire ring overlooking beautiful Pit Lake.
- Over 25 miles of hiking and mountain bike trails.
- Program and Conference facilities to suit groups of 10 to 290 participants.
Please click one of the links below to your area of interest.....
- Boy Scout Resident Camp
- Cub Scout Resident Camp, Day Camp and Webelos Adventure Camp
- Weekend Camping
- Family Camping and district events
- Facilities Rental
The Camp Chief Little Turtle continues to grow to be the Central Regions Premiere Scout facility!
The Anthony Wayne Area Council has been developing this property since its purchase in 1967. The property boasts over 20 structures including picnic shelters, dining hall, training center, chapel, and 3 heated lodges. A variety of weekend unit program opportunities await you such as Project C.O.P.E, Climbing, Rifle, Shotgun, Archery, and Cycling. CCLT also boasts over 25 miles of hiking trails, a 10 mile bike trail, and premiere fishing in all three lakes!
COME CAMP WITH US!